SPLC invites journal-first presentations for papers published recently in high quality software engineering journals. The goal is to offer the authors an opportunity to interact directly with the community and offer the SPLC attendees a richer program and opportunities. The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and a one-page summary will appear in the SPLC proceedings with a pointer to the journal publication.
A journal-first presentation submitted to SPLC 2021 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper is available at the publisher web site in the time frame of May 2019 to April 2021.
- The paper is clearly in the scope of the conference, as defined in the call for SPLC 2021 research papers.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other similar conferences.
How to Submit
Authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria are invited to submit a one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper title, authors, an extended abstract, and a pointer to the original journal paper. The submission must follow the 2021 ACM Master Article Template: https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template
Latex users should build on the template found in “sample-sigconf.tex” and place the following code at the start of the Latex document:
Easychair Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=splc2021
Please upload the PDF and a ZIP file with the sources and the original journal article.
Proposals will be selected according to the quality of the publication and journal after checking that the paper is in scope to the conference. As the papers have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical content. Our plan is to include in the journal first program as many papers as possible; only in case an exceptionally high number of proposals is received, not all submissions might be selected. If needed, presentation proposals will be prioritized according to fit to the conference theme and structure of sessions.
IMPORTANT DATES (AOE TIME)
Submission: June 11, 2021
- Notification for invitation: June 25, 2021
- Camera ready summary papers: July 9, 2021
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
- Sofia Ananieva, FZI Research Center for Information Technology, DE
- Wesley K. G. Assunção, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), BR
Mikaela Cashman, Iowa State University, USA
Walter Cazzola, Università degli Studi di Milano, IT
Laurence Duchien, University of Lille, FR
Lea Gerling, University of Hildesheim, DE
Stefania Gnesi, ISTI-CNR, IT
- Eduard Kamburjan, University of Oslo, NO
- Mohammadreza Mousavi, University of Leicester, UK
- Christoph Seidl, Technische Universität Braunschweig, DE
- Leandro Souza, Federal University of Pernambuco, BR